This diet was designed to contain many sulfur containing amino acids as well as food & spices that increase bile flow & liver function. Sulfur is not typically taken as a supplement in its pure form so acquiring it from food sources is very important.
1. 1 cup cottage cheese contains 1 gm of the sulfur containing amino acid methionine.
2. Other good food sources of methionine are beans, eggs, onions, garlic, lentils, yogurt, fish & meat.
3. Methionine is needed to make the sulfur amino acid taurine.
4. Taurine is found mainly in fish & animal protein, particularly organ meats.
5. Eating liver provides taurine & biotin. Biotin assists in the metabolism of fats & proteins.
6. Biotin is a critical part of glucokinase, the enzyme involved in the utilization of glucose.
7. Sulfur is a component of insulin. A lack of nutritional sulfur will result in low insulin production & poor carbohydrate metabolism.
8. Taurine is an important component of bile which is needed in the removal of toxic metals.
9. Dandelion & turmeric increases bile flow.
10. The body also converts methionine into the sulfur amino acid cysteine which makes the glutathione(glutathione is a part of critical detoxifying & antioxidant systems).
11. Cysteine & methionine can create the antioxidant lipoic acid.
12. Good food sources of cysteine include: onions, garlic, yogurt, & wheat germ.
13. Methionine increases the production of choline which is important for proper liver function.
14. Organic eggs are an excellent source of choline (lecithin) & sulfur.
15. The word “lecithin” is derived from the Greek word lekithos, meaning “yolk”.
16. One large organic egg contains 2 1/2 grams of lecithin & 1/4 gram of cholesterol (this is 10 times more lecithin than cholesterol).
Toxic Metal Elimination Diet
Breakfast (Choose One)
• 2 egg omelet made with sautéed onions & fresh garlic, 1 small potato chopped & sautéed in 1 tsp. of butter, 8 ounce glass of organic milk.
• 1 cup oatmeal cooked with 1 egg, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, 1 banana, and green tea.
• 4 ounces cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil, ½ cup strawberries.
Lunch (choose one)
• Chicken (4-6 oz.) & broccoli stir-fry over ½ cup cooked brown rice.
• 4 ounces of sliced turkey & 2 ounces of cheddar cheese made into chef salad, with olive oil & vinegar.
Dinner (choose one)
• Cooked cabbage stuffed with ground veal or pork with brown rice & turmeric, tossed salad, 1 tsp. flax oil, and vinegar.
• 6 ounce salmon, 1 baked sweet potato, 1 teaspoon of butter or flax oil, brussels sprouts.
• 4 ounce filet mignon, ½ cup mashed potato, cooked dandelion greens.
Handful of olives , organic raw nuts, boiled eggs, 1 raw fruit, raw vegetables such as celery, carrot, peppers, & broccoli, rice cake with almond or cashew butter, pumpkin seeds, yogurt with flaxmeal.