A new small study published in published in the European Journal of Nutraceutical Research says that the transdermal application of magnesium may raise magnesium levels in the body over a short period of time. The researchers said that after the 12 week study, 89% of the subjects raised their cellular magnesium levels with an average increase of 59.7%. Magnesium acts as a co-factor and is needed by over 300 enzymes in the body. Magnesium deficiency has been linked to cardiovascular, skeletal, and central nervous system disorders. Magnesium deficiency in the body is said to cause a disruption of calcium by the body’s cells. Magnesium depletion is common in people with diabetes, chronic fatigue syndrome, mitral valve prolapse, cardiac arrhythmias, & asthma. It is also common in people who have had a heart attack.
Magnesium depletion is due to:
1. Alcohol consumption
4. Excessive sweating
Transdermal Magnesium chloride:
1. Helps detox heavy metals.
2. Decreases aches, pains and spasms.
3. Elevates mood & decreases negative effects of stress.
4. Increases energy levels & the production & synthesis of DNA & RNA.
5. Supports proper muscle function.
6. Improves immune function.