- 3 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, sustainable unrefined red palm oil or grass fed butter.
- 1 large organic onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped organic carrots
- 1 cup chopped organic celery
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme or ½ dried thyme
- 1 smoked turkey wing. (sodium nitrite/nitrate free)
- 1 ½ cups organic red lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups organic vegetable or chicken stock
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Grass fed sour cream to top
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Optional: Tabasco to taste
- Saute the onion, garlic, carrots and celery in olive oil.
- Add lentils, turkey and stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cumin, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer turkey wing to a chopping board
- Remove bones and chop turkey meat into small pieces and return to soup.
- Add lemon juice.
- Serve in a bowl, topped with a dollop of sour cream, fresh parsley and Tabasco for a kick!
Weiser Tip: For a Vegetarian version, omit turkey wing and add 2 tsp smoked paprika.