- 1/2 cup organic quinoa
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced toasted almonds
- 1 organic naval orange
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest from an organic, unwaxed lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or virgin coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic cilantro
- 1/4 – 1/2 tablespoon Tabasco (depending on how hot you like it)
- Cook your quinoa and chill beforehand.
- Toast your almond slices on a dry pan and set aside.
- Peel and de-seed the orange and remove as much of the membrane as you can and cut into chunks.
- In a small bowl make the dressing by combining salt, lemon juice and rind, oil, minced garlic and Tabasco.
- Combine quinoa and oranges in a serving bowl and toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
Weiser Tip: Do not add orange chunks or cilantro until ready to eat.