- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 8 hours
- 3 tbsp raw tahini
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil (Olive Oil Council Certified)
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 medium raw garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp spring water
- Optional: 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Optional: 5 – 8 drops Tabasco
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium sized organic zucchini
- raw or fermented carrot sticks
- dry sun dried tomato strips
- 12 – 15 basil leaves
- Cut Zucchini in half length wise and slice on medium with mandoline slicer. Alternatively, you can cut them manually with a knife…
- Place on a cutting board and sprinkle lightly with the Himalayan salt on both sides. Let sit for about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients for the sunflower seed pâté in a food processor and blend until thick and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides ever so often.
- Pat dry each zucchini slice with a clean and dry dish towel.
- Set up a “rolling station” with the zucchini slices, pâté, tomato strips, carrot sticks and basil leaves
- Take a zucchini slice and top it with about 1 tbsp pâté smearing it across the zucchini slice with a knife.
- in the middle of the slice add 1 basil leaf, 1 carrot stick and 1 dried tomato slice.
- Roll the zucchini up and secure with a toothpick.
- Set on a plate for serving.
Weiser tip: These rolls can be made in advance and kept int he fridge for up to 24 hours.
(Inspired by Tales of a Kitchen)