- 1 cup organic sunflower seeds (soaked for 8 – 12 hours)
- 1/4 cup organic raw tahini
- 1/4 cup of organic shallots
- 3 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp Braggs’ Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (olive oil council certified)
- juice of 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- Himalayan salt & cracked pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the sunflower seeds, discarding any loose skins that may float to the top.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the Tabasco, salt and pepper, into a food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir the Tabasco, salt and pepper into the paste to suit your taste.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Can be served in a halved avocado, as filling in celery sticks, on raw flaxseed crackers or even wrapped in a large lettuce leaf with sliced tomato, avocado, bell pepper, sprouts, etc…
The possbilities are endless!