- 1 cup of homemade or organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can organic full fat coconut milk
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- 2 large bunches of chopped fresh organic cilantro (keep a few sprigs for garnish)
- the juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Himalayan salt to taste
- white pepper to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- In a soup pot combine broth, coconut milk, crushed garlic and cilantro.
- On medium heat, let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour soup into a blender and blend until smooth. (CAUTION: Start on low and increase speed gradually or you will have an explosion of burning soup!!!)
- Once blended well, add lemon juice, salt, pepper and Tabasco to taste.
- Serve with a couple of slices of organic grainy bread or homemade croutons.
Weiser tip: If you have a VitaMix blender or other heavy duty blender, then just put all your ingredients into the blender and blend for 12 mins on high and your soup will be ready and piping hot!