- 1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup or organic raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 a scraped vanilla pod
- 2 large organic avocado (YES! AVOCADO! Just trust me!)
- 3/4 cup organic raw cacao
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut water (or 1/4 cup coconut water and 1/4 cup orange blossom water for an orange chocolate pudding)
- Blend or process dates, maple syrup and vanilla until smooth.
- Add avocado and cocoa powder and process until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed.
- Add the coconut water and process until smooth, occasionally stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Can be served on its own or poured over fresh strawberries, sliced bananas or raspberries and sprinkled with unsweetened shredded coconut.