- 2 large or 4 small organic Zucchinis
- 1/2 cup chopped and de-seeded organic tomatoes
- 1/2 cup de-seeded and chopped organic red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of organic dry sun dried tomatoes (let soak for 2 hours)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove of peeled garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp organic lemon zest
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil (Olive Oil Council Certified)
- a pinch or 2 of cayenne depending on how spicy you like it
- black pepper to season
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make “cheesy topping”. In a food processor, add the sunflower seeds and nutritional yeast, and season with salt and pepper. Process until the sunflower seeds are the consistency of crumbs. Set aside.
- Slice the zucchini with a mandoline slicer, spiralizer or use a vegetable peeler to make “fettuccine”.
- In a food processor add chopped tomatoes, red bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes and onions.
- Using a garlic crusher, crush the garlic into the processor and add the herbs, olive oil and lemon zest.
- Process, occasionally scraping down the sides. Make sure you let the sauce stay a little chunky for texture.
- Arrange 1/2 the shredded zucchini on each plate.Top each spaghetti plate with 1/4 cup of the marinara sauce and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the sunflower seed mixture.
Serve at room temperature or you can slightly warm the sauce just a bit in a pot prior to serving.